Friday, May 20, 2011

Free Ride

I am so bored with walking, that I decided to ride a bike instead.  I don't think I've ridden a bike since my daughter was a baby.  Back then I had a baby seat attached to the back of my bike, and we journeyed far and wide.  This morning I rode around the neighborhood for twenty minutes and felt like I was 13 again.  The temperature was in the low seventies; the sun was shining; my hair was blowing in the wind; the trees were rustling, and the houses were rushing by.  My thigh muscles definitely got a work out, but it was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. I can't bring myself to sell my bike - even though I rarely ride it these days. I have so many good memories of riding and I'm always hopeful I'll pick it up again. Enjoy your riding! (I can picture your hair looking fab!) Free Ride takes me right back - you're goin' all nostalgia on us, Jude! -T

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really must dust off your bike and take it for a ride again. Bike riding really is more fun than any other exercise. Except maybe swimming.

    ReplyDelete