Sunday, January 23, 2011

Harry's Law

From David E. Kelley (Boston Legal,The Practiceand Ally McBeal)comes a new legal comedy-drama television show.  Kathy Bates is Harriet Korn, a patent attorney fired from her corporate position who endures two accidents immediately following her dismissal.  After her second accident, she has an epiphany to open her own practice in an abandoned shoe store in an economically challenged Cincinnati neighborhood.  Eccentric employees include her assistant who sells shoes when she's not typing legal documents and the two men responsible for Harriet's accidents:  her first client-cum-paralegal and a lawyer whose courtroom antics will remind you of Boston Legal's Alan Shore.  Expect Harry's Law to deliver lots of fun and passionate crusades for the wronged underdog.  Harry's Law airs Monday nights at 10 p.m. EST on NBC.

3 comments:

  1. This looks like it could be fun, but I don't know if I want to commit to a series. One of my NYR is to try to cut back on the amount of television I''m watching. -T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to keep my television viewing to a minimum, too. I never turn the t.v. on before dinner--except to watch an occasional DVD--and I only have four shows, Harry's Law being one of them. I was such a big fan of Boston Legal, I was pretty excited to see another David E. Kelley series. I don't know if Harry's Law will last, but it's very reminiscent of its predecessor. Last night they introduced, Tom Jefferson, a lawyer in the vein of Denny Crane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christopher McDonald, a frequently seen character actor, plays Tom Jefferson.

    ReplyDelete