Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Beatles Songs: A Baker's Dozen


Yesterday was George Harrison's 70th birthday.  The youngest Beatle would have been seventy.  How is that possible!  And recently my son declared "Let It Be" the best Beatles song, which made me wonder....If I were on a deserted island (you know, that notorious deserted island we're all destined for), which Beatles songs would I take with me.  Following are a baker's dozen of my favorites, newest to oldest.  These aren't necessarily my favorites, although they would make any island stay more pleasant.  If you had to pick one Beatles song, which one would you choose?
  1. Let It Be (Let It Be, 1969, McCartney).
  2. For You Blue (Let It Be 1969, Harrison).
  3. Something (Abbey Road, 1969, Harrison).
  4. Here Comes the Sun (Abbey Road, 1969, Harrison).
  5. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (The Beatles, 1968, Harrison).
  6. Hey, Jude (Post Masters Volume 2, 1968, McCartney).
  7. All You Need Is Love (Magical Mystery Tour, 1967, Lennon).
  8. A Day in the Life (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, 1967, Lennon and McCartney).
  9. In My Life (Rubber Soul, 1965, Lennon).
  10. Run For Your Life (Rubber Soul, 1965, Lennon).
  11. If I Fell (A Hard Day's Night, 1964, Lennon).
  12. All My Loving (With the Beatles, 1963, McCartney).
  13. I Want to Hold Your Hand (Post Masters Volume 1, 1963, Lennon and McCartney).

No comments:

Post a Comment