Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"the fruitcake files" Is a Year Old

I can't believe I've been writing this blog for a whole year, but it's true.  I launched "the fruitcake files" on November 13, 2010.  I wrote a post on blog stats on May Day, and I thought the first anniversary would be a good time to revisit stats.

In my first year in the blogosphere, I wrote 77 posts, roughly six a month.  Not too bad.  The top posts (drum roll) are:

Tom and Huck Down on the Farm
A Christmas Movie
In Defense of Chop Suey
Harry's Makeover
Solid
Celebrating the Winter Solstice Full Lunar Eclipse
Harry's Law
Grimm's Tales
Where Have All the Flowers Gone?
Blog Stats

Given that Harris and Me is one of my favorite books, I'm not surprised that Tom and Huck is the most read post, but I confess I didn't expect my interest in chop suey to be shared by so many.  I'm pleased to see that I'm not the only one who still likes The Mod Squad (Solid), and I'm glad that others agree that Harry's Law, which I confess I still watch, took a wrong turn this season with its makeover.

Recent posts that have been hard hit in addition to the above list include:

Thirteen Halloween Movies
Veteran's Day 11/11/11
Aliens Among Us
The Galloping Hessian of the Hollow
Banned Books 
You Gotta Walk That Lonesome Valley
I Love Lucy and Ethel
Uncle Bill Knows Best
$200 A Day, Plus Expenses

Readers come from every continent save Africa and Antarctica.  I'm not holding out much hope for Antarctica--though it is the world wide web and those stationed down there do have computers, don't they?--but I sure would like to add Africa to my hit list.  The three countries with the most fruitcake readers, in order, are the U.S., Germany, and the United Kingdom.

No discernible thematic connection between today's post and Eric Clapton's "Hello Old Friend."  I just happened to be listening to it while writing today.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your blogversary! Your interest in chop suey is noteworthy, even today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on one year. that's dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I haven't been as attentive lately, but I really do enjoy reading. I hope you're in for another year! -T

    ReplyDelete